Fall 08 TV - Drama

Last year we had an abbreviated tv season. This year is going to be better than every!!!! Here's what I'm waiting for.

Criminal Minds. When we last left the FBI Profilers they were all getting into their Government issued, no doubt Hybrid, SUV's and KABOOOM. One of them blows up. But whose. Based on commercials leading up to the new season, it's not anybody. Probably a fake stunt to get us to come back. If I got to place my vote....not Spencer and not Garcia and not Hotch and not NOT NOT Morgan. Please not Morgan.

CSI: Warrick got the bejeebers shot out of him, by the creepy, evil, detective dude. I think he's alive. Sarah is back, just to help with the Warrick case. Then, rumor has it, her and Grissom drive off into the sunset. So, Warrick HAS to live, who would be left, Stokes, Catherine and that creepy lab guy. No, Warrick has to stay.

Eli Stone. This was a mid season replacement. I wouldn't have watched it otherwise. But I am oh so glad that I did. It is awesome. Eli, sees and hears things that others cannot. Is it his brain aneurysm? Is it God? He claims not to believe in God, but his "spiritual" advisor/acupuncturist explains that God is everywhere, in everything, in every time. Sounds like God to me. Now I know that to pitch a GOD is everywhere, in everything show to the networks wouldn't fly, but I'm glad that it may get some people to think. Also, Eli - or rather the guy who plays Eli, Angelina Jolie's first husband.

Pushing Daisies
I am so glad this is back, I hope they change NOTHING about it. A love story, without the possibility of sex. Now, don't get me wrong, I like sex as much as the next guy, but tv shows built around 'when are they going to have sex' no thanks. Sex is out of the picture because the main character, Ned, and his love interest, Chuck (it's a girl Charlene), can't touch. They can't touch because Ned had a gift of bringing people back from the dead. Touch them once, alive. Touch them twice, dead forever. He uses his special skill to solve murders, when one day he happened on to the love of his life. Chuck lived across the street from him when they were children. When Chuck's father died she was sent to live with her aunts. They never saw each other again, til she was dead. He touched her, because he couldn't not touch her, and he didn't touch her again, which he usually does after he finds out who killed them. Now they are happy, in love, and can never touch again. They get around the romantic parts of their love by wearing gloves to hold hands, and she happens to be a beekeeper, so when she's beekeeping they can dance. Even kissing is possible because he's a baker, and she does this cute thing with Saran Wrap. It's just awfully cute, and a musical to boot. I know, sounds lame, but it's not.

CSI: Miami
Who knows what's happening, and who cares. We don't watch CSI: Miami because of the story, we watch because of the horrible acting. It's a train wreck and we line up every week for it. But if I remember correctly Horatio got shot about a bazillion times in the cliffhanger. He has a kid with an ex informant who married a billionaire and then killed him for the money. She then married her true love a guy who is going to kill and her son for her money. But I don't really care. I'm still hoping the resurrect Speedle in some sort of undercover government thing. I just like it when H comes to rescue Calleigh, who he's known for years, and calls her "ma'am" does that make sense? NO. It's hilarious.

Life Oh, I so cannot wait for this one. Murder, intrigue, mystery and weirdness. I love it. Although, it is built on the premise of "when are these two going to have sex?" But when we last left it, Crews had just figured out that his current partner has an evil father. The evil father murdered Crews former partner, and framed Crews. Crews spent 12 years in prison, then got a bazillion dollar judgement and was released. Instead of taking his money and enjoying his life, he has set out to solve the murder for which he did the time. It has led him back to his partner's father.

This are the major dramas I follow. We'll do comedies and reality later.

No comments: